Why Choose General Auto, Electric & Mowers?
At General Auto & Mowers, our dedicated and professional staff offers outdoor power equipment repair for customers in Wood River Illinois and throughout the Metro East area. With over 35 years of experience, our friendly and skilled equipment repair professionals do repairs for all 4-cycle equipment, which includes starters, alternators, generators, lawnmowers, tractors, snowblowers, and so much more. Furthermore, we offer high-quality repairs of big name equipment from Husqvarna, Echo, and many other major brands.
Visit our shop Monday – Friday from 8 am – 4:30 pm. Our trained staff is more than happy to help you with all of your mower and equipment repair needs!
Common Signs You Need Mower or Small Engine Repair
- The engine is slow to start.
- Many times, when a mower is slow to start (or won’t start at all) the solution is a simple change in spark plugs. When that doesn’t work, however, it could mean that the engine problem is much more severe. In that case, only an experienced mower and equipment service technician can accurately diagnose the issue.
- There’s leaking oil.
- Pools of oil underneath the piece of equipment or black exhaust fumes that have an oil smell to them could indicate a crack in the seals or gaskets. These parts are easily replaced, but having it looked at by a professional can guarantee they’re fixed properly.
- The engine skips or stalls out while in use.
- A small engine skipping or stalling could be caused by a variety of issues. Again the spark plugs may be the cause or there could be something far more serious, such as a flaw in an engine cylinder. Your best bet is to stop using the equipment and come by our shop to have it looked at by our team of mower service specialists!